· The knock-on effects of the government’s huge cuts to spending on disability living allowance could wipe out every penny of the savings it is hoping for, according to a new report.
· Sports governing bodies must do much more to encourage disabled people to play sport regularly, according to the cabinet minister responsible for the London 2012 Paralympics.
· Disabled activists have again brought traffic chaos to central London by chaining their wheelchairs across busy pedestrian crossings in protest at government cuts and welfare reforms.
· Four disabled activists have resigned from the board of the UK’s leading disabled people’s organisation following a disagreement over its future direction.
· Leading price comparison websites are ignoring their legal obligations to make their sites accessible to disabled people, according to a new report.
· A disability charity is calling on the banking industry to do more to make its services accessible to blind and partially-sighted people.
· Coalition MPs have overturned changes to government legislation that would have made it easier for many disabled people to apply for legal aid.
For links to the full stories, please visit Disability News Service