I fear the winter and hope for nothing

7/22/2008 02:16:00 pm BenefitScroungingScum 4 Comments

"The television is our only window on a life we once led. We sit destroyed by poverty and watch the world go by as if we were dead but have yet to fall over. While watching the TV we see MPs and MEPs who spend more on taxis than we get to live on and they are telling the country they are going to get tough on us and people like us because we live on benefits....I can speak, but have no voice, and those claiming to represent me have failed me...Now I fear the winter and hope for nothing."

via ChickenYoghurt

4 comments:

Casdok said...

As a carer on the pathetic carers allowance, i can only afford to put my heating on when my son is home. But as C and i dont have any health needs we are better off than many as illustrated by this article.
With the rising fuel prices i too fear the winter and the hope for nothing.

Anonymous said...

I have tried to comment on your last three posts BG and each time I find it difficult to say what I am thinking without sounding trite..

xxx Kim

eeore said...

How very true

Cas: I'm also far better off than many, it's those with disabilities who fall outside the DLA system who have it the worse. Love to you and C x

Kim: Trite is to be encouraged on this blog..it's a new rule! hugs x

TFA: Quite!