Bog Off! Exhibit 4

10/07/2008 06:28:00 pm BenefitScroungingScum 6 Comments







It's all getting a bit familiar by now. No mirror? Mirror 5 foot up the wall? Storage rooms? Dirty?


Yes, you've guessed it...it's time for another Bog Off!

These images were taken in a local cafe/bar which in my opinion is typical of the substandard of accessible toilets for disabled people across the north west of England. There are people on Bog Off! watch in places far from my tiny corner of the world, most notably in Tasmania-though I'm still waiting for the down under photos, hint, hint!

If anyone else would like to take part then all you need do is snap a few photos of the good, the bad and the downright terrifying examples of the various disabled loos you see on your travels and send them to me. And...if they're anything like this one, good luck just trying to get in the door!

6 comments:

I do believe that you are the only person I have ever known that can make a loo an interesting subject of a blogpost, or anything else for that matter. You should start a new TV show, "All Access Pass," or possibly "Loos In Review." ;-)

Anonymous said...

I hope that's not a step I see outside the door as well?

Keep up the good work, Bendy!

I just wish there was a way you could name and shame these places.

Anonymous said...

Hint Taken....

I will go and visit all the loo's that I can. Trusty camera in hand I will gird my loins and document the crappy crappers...
..xxx cheers Kim

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable. I will have to pay more attention to this in the future.

MrN: Why thank you, as I've not even started on my streams of consciousness crazy bullshit mode I'm rather liking your tv show idea! We could pitch to the networks...

Steph: It is a step! In fairness I don't think the public have access to the outside, but the door into the main cafe is sort of behind the disabled loo door and impossible for anyone in a chair to negotiate

Kim:Wooohooo! fantastic thank you x

Marla: Yes, I'd love any photos you take, pretty please! Good or bad doesn't matter, I think from comments made previously that the standards are a little higher in the USA.

Jim said...

Damn, that post just reminded me I meant to take some pictures of the Parliament disabled loo for you give your opinion.

I'll get me camera!