Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Oops!

I've been impressively clumsy this past week. Even by my standards impressive. My all round lovely caring type lady wanted to know how I'd got what she thought to be spaghetti bolognaise glued in an attractive splatter pattern across the kitchen tiles. I have no idea how it happened but was able to confirm the suspicious substance as cat food.

Happily there was no cat food involved in this particular injury. Big reminded me recently that just because I can't feel it doesn't mean it won't burn. I really should listen to him more closely, he's a wise, wise man. Instead, ouch!! The culprit was a hot water bottle with a thick fleecy cover.


8 comments:

alhi said...

That's not a burn?! My mouth is open in shock while typing this.

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Um, I'm guessing that doesn't happen to non bendy people then? Yes, it's a burn, I had cramps and so went to bed with a hot water bottle for a couple of hours. It's a properly covered one though. I can't really feel it though and the marks will be gone in a couple of days. What you can't see an' all that...
How YOU getting on today? Joints still flaring? x

Casdok said...

That dosnt look good. Hope it does heal quickly x

Dark Side said...

Ouch hun, that looks well sore, hope it heals quickly and you don't put another in it's place....do as your told...lol..:)...xx

alhi said...

Nope, that doesn't happen to non-bendy people from a fluffy hot water bottle: possibly red where it's put but not that burnt type look! You get all the fun!

Am alright, coping a bit better with the swollen joints now, weekend was bad, but it's a week filled with Docs and other health professionals! Lucky me, eh.

Hope you're doing OK.

Mr. Nighttime said...

You need a man to come over and kiss it and make it better... *wink*

LceeL said...

OwOwOwOwOwOW!

Achelois said...

Not just me then! Ouch ouch I am now going to sleep without ahot water bottle.
love me