BREAKING NEWS!!! Government Delays Welfare Reform Bill...

7/15/2011 01:44:00 pm BenefitScroungingScum 6 Comments

This just in from the Disability Alliance http://www.disabilityalliance.org/welreform5.htm

I'm sure they won't mind me posting it in full :


Government delays Welfare Reform Bill

15 July 2011
The Government has been forced to delay the 2nd Reading of the flagship Bill in the Lords due to peers' concerns over the people affected.
DWP is suggesting other business has blocked progress but the surprise postponement till September from Tues will also give the Government time to lobby peers and answer the queries raised in DA's legal challenge.

This is wonderful, surprising, startling news!!! I need a little lie down before I say any more, but remember this - if it gives the government more time to lobby, it gives us more time too :)))

6 comments:

diversejustice said...

In some respects it's good news. However, whilst those issues are being dragged around it's placing far to many into longer term health risks with increasingly levels of anxiety over our future well being.

There needs to be a conclusion one being the total abolishment of those policies written by monkeys.

Ben S said...

We will take our victories where we can at this moment in time... Well done BG, don't underestimate the part you played in this first small step in the right direction, fantastic work...

Liane said...

Great news!

Achelois said...

This all arrived in my reader all in one go and I am getting all brain mushed over which is your blog and which is Sue's. As all the posts are double whammies of late. Double the trouble!

I hope its good news and not more time for those who have our demise in their hands more time to plot our downfall.

I have thanked Sue I think, and thank you too for keeping people like me posted on the goings on. I am so stressed at the very thought of my indefinite award being taken away I can barely speak of it. I have nothing to hide I just can't see the point of putting people like me through the turmoil of having to speak to someone who pupports to understand more than most about a rare medical condition that even most physicians don't understand. So I will not think of that and continue to hope as I said over at Sue;s blog as both your tireless campaigning on behalf of people like me who is frankly just polaxed by it all, is what keeps me hoping still that the stress of it all will one day go away. To take away my DLA and make me go through endless, repeated medicals etc for something that has crippled me and is incurable is just too much to bear. But I must keep hoping.

laura said...

hi,i arrived at your blog via...well I can`t remember. I would like to contact you directly...as I live in Shetland. maybe I can offer help and info.

Anonymous said...

It's always good news when bad policies are delayed and given further scrutiny. While delay gives the enemies of liberty and freedom time to buttress their garrisons against change, the tide of human rights freedoms is overwhelming. Slow, sure, but we are just one wave in the tide of human rights freedoms that have been won over the past 120 years. There is no going back now. Freedoms won now are won forever!